The Foundational Five: Foundations of Running a Construction Business
This is a six-part in-person class series on the foundations of running a construction business.
This is a 6-part series that pulls back the curtain on the common pit falls of the construction industry and teaches industry best practices along with providing practical tools you can use to grow and lead a successful construction business.
- Josh Durham, Gamut Project Solutions
There are 15 spots available for this class on a first come, first serve basis. There is a fee associated with this class series, the fee covers the six classes of two hours each for a total instruction time of 12 hours over 6 weeks.
Time: 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Location: PBDG Training Center
4444 SE 27th Avenue
Portland, OR 97202
- Member Price $150 total
- Non-Member Price $200 total
You can request a scholarship for this program by making a request to PBDG. Visit https://portal.pbdgweb.com/
Class Dates: Every other Tuesday
- 5/10 Agreements:
- In session 1 we spend the first half discussing the fundamental elements of a construction project and how the affect your bottom line. Then we will dive into two key Agreements you make on every project; 1) Key Roles & Responsibilities team members agree to take on, 2) Understanding the terms and obligations of the contracts you are signing up for.
- 5/24 Communication:
- In session 2 we focus on developing stronger and more productive communication skills and how to approach disputes and disagreements during a construction project. We will go over a simple yet effective communication playbook that can be used for both internal team communication and with clients.
- 6/7 Leadership:
- In session 3 we study how leaders’ decision effect every aspect of a construction project. We will discuss how important it is for leaders to take the time to understand and implement positive measures for each of the 6 key elements to any successful business (Leadership, Services/Product, Marketing, Sales, Overhead, and Cashflow)
- 6/21 Agency:
- In session 4 we explore how much control team member has over the success or failure of a construction project and review a variety of common pitfalls that sabotage projects and business every day. We learn how to be your own ally and how taking agency in the outcomes of your projects not only boosts team moral, but also will lead to more positive outcomes for your business.
- 7/5 Relationships:
- In session 5 we discuss how spreading goodwill generously and bringing a positive approach everyday will always pay dividends in the long run. We will review how to clarify your mission and message to prospective clients, generating stronger connections with them along the way. We discuss relationships as the last of the 5 guiding principles because you must understand the first 4 guiding principles, so you are equipped to enter into healthy relationships in the construction industry.
- 7/19 Summary/Overview:
- In session 6 we will touch on all of The Foundational Five guiding principles, ensuring that everyone has the key take aways from each session and an understanding of how to implement the practical tools they’ve been given during each previous session. We will wrap with a free-flowing Q&A session and then some final thoughts from Josh Durham.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: